We are delighted to announce that our critically acclaimed production of "Feel" returns for a brand new run of performances kicking off at the Space Arts Centre, London in February 2019. In addition, we're thrilled to also announce the return of "Feel More" to accompany the London performances of the main show.
"Feel More" is our "expanded universe" of stories and sees six writers create six brand new characters from the world of "Feel" with material, storylines and influences drawn from the main production written by James Lewis.
"Feel" received its London debut at the Lion and Unicorn Theatre in March of 2018 with performances at the King's Head Theatre, London, Hertford Theatre and the Albany Theatre, Coventry. "Feel More" was performed at the Lion & Unicorn Theatre, Theatre N16 (as "More Feel") and the King's Head Theatre, London.
★★★★ - "..a night of very exciting new writing showcased by some wonderful performances. Take note. This is what a night of monologues should look like." - The Spy In The Stalls
We're now on the hunt for 6 brilliant new writers to contribute scripts to the next generation of "Feel More" and tell the funny. real, warm, challenging, relatable and heartbreaking stories that reflect the modern London we live in today.
- We cast our writers and actors simultaneously, which means that we pair actors with writers, and a casting call has been launched to identify and cast six actors to join the company.
- Those six actors will be paired with a writer to create a character and a brand 10-12 minute monologue with themes, characters or links to the world of "Feel" for performance in February 2019. (Four performances)
- Scripts will then be worked on with the "Feel" writers and creative team in a "writers room" style format.
- Writers then have till December 31st to come up with complete / final scripts before they go into rehearsal.
- Additional script guidelines etc provided once the writers have been selected.
We're now actively seeking six writers to join the writing pool for "Feel More" - if you are interested in joining the writing team we'd ask all applicants to apply as follows:
- Email us and say hello! First and foremost we want to find out about you and your interests, so please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourself.
- Attach a copy of some of your writing - (excerpts only, please no more than 10 pages of script. DO NOT send full unsolicited scripts at this time)- we are interested in excerpts of modern, contemporary writing from writers who understand writing for a fringe theatre format.
- We will then review scripts and shortlist our writers.
- Make sure you've taken a look at our website, the Feel and Feel More projects and our work before you apply.
- Feel More is the perfect place for stories about the world we live in today - so we welcome stories and writers that reflect the diversity in society and all of its perspectives and people.
Closing date for all applications is Friday, September 14th at 5pm.
We're excited to meet our next generation of fierce and talented writers who want to come on our next adventure with us. If you have any questions at all, please email us and we'll be happy to help!