Non-Salaried Position (Volunteer Role)
Proforça Creative is a young, dynamic, non-professional not-for-profit theatre group based in London. We are passionate about creating pushing the boundaries for non-professional fringe theatre and create brand new productions which help establish our reputation for doing something new and different for non professional theatre,
We are looking to find a super organised and dedicated Production Manager to join our Production Team for our forthcoming Summer / Autumn projects. This role will involve working closely with the Artistic Director, President and other members of the Team to help bring our shows to the stage and project manage all elements of bringing a show to life.
“Scratch” Weekend – August 2016:
A fun weekend of new and existing writing – we’ll be taking over a theatre space over a whole weekend and developing some existing pieces of writing as well as debuting some new work. Rehearsals on the Saturday, followed by filming of the performances in the theatre for distribution on our YouTube channel on the Sunday.
And most excitingly...
Title TBC – November 2016 (5 performances)
Starting in August we will be preparing for new show, which is so new it’s not got a title yet! This will be a great way to get involved in a brand new piece of work, develop some characters from scratch and perform on stage in a London theatre with a brilliant and supportive cast and crew.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll have a passion for fringe theatre and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project management of putting a production together, (If you’ve done something similar for another amateur theatre company, even better!)
- Coordinate different departments (Creative, Stage Management, Actors, Technical, Marketing, Set Design, Front of House etc.) in all production related activities.
- Liaise with venues to ensure rehearsals are planned and performances coordinated.
- IT Skills (Microsoft Office, Social Media and basic web design)
- Good with numbers, with the ability to manage and report on budgets.
- Great communication skills with different audiences / suppliers and venues etc.
- Patient, friendly, and with BAGS of energy and enthusiasm!
We have a variety of different life experiences and stories to tell within the group so we’re looking to meet a massive range of lively, fun and confident people who are dedicated and interested in being a part of telling brand new stories.
As a non-professional group, we all give our time for the love of creating brand new theatre, so all of our team are volunteers (we all have day jobs too!) – but we’re all finding that we’re gaining massive amounts of experience – so like the rest of us, bring the skills from your day job and come and have some fun with us in the theatre!
So what next?
- To register your interest, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction, an CV and / or a description of past work / skills (if you have one)
- One of the production team will contact you and will then provide any more information as well as full details on the interview process. Our interviews are usually informal meetings with the other members of the team and will be held in Central London out of working hours towards the end of June (Details to be confirmed)
We’re a young, sociable and supportive group of people, who are truly committed to creating something new, different and life affirming for everyone that works with us. We have a real passion for theatre and feel we have built a really special project with some really talented people involved – and we’re really looking forward to welcoming in some new people to our team.
For more information, we’d love to hear from you via our Social Media Channels. You can follow us on Twitter @weareproforca, Facebook / Instagram @proforcacreative but for the best information, via our website at www.proforca.co.uk
We can’t wait to meet you!