We sat down with some of our brilliant cast and crew prior to our production of "Reading Gaol" this November. First up is Myles Delahunty prior to taking on the role of "Human" and asked him some leading questions about his role, his life as an actor, and some random wildcards to see how he'd cope with some tough questioning!
1) Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about who you are.
I am an Actor who has recently moved to London, i'm a huge film fan, and have recently acted in my first professional film role. I'm also a Singer and an Illustration artist and use a lot of my spare time painting all kinds of things.
2) Describe your character in one sentence.
He is a being who's happiness has been entirely stolen by Loss, and is continually haunted by his past.
3) What is it that you like most about Reading Gaol and why do you think people should buy a ticket?
It's an entirely unique and game changing take on an Oscar Wilde poem, and it holds the lens up to the intricacies of Humanity and it allows you to see within the lives of these prisoners in a very intimate way.
4) Which theatre people (performers or creatives) do you admire and why?
I admire the Theatre Actor Denise Gough, as she has strived toward her acting goals all of her life, even through incredibly tough times and relative poverty. She is an incredibly unique actor who sticks to her unique visions of a character, and creates performances that astound.
5) What do you like most about working with Proforca?
Proforca is an incredibly comforting and friendly environment for Actors and creatives alike, allowing freedom for artistic expression.
6) What's been the best piece of acting advice you've been given and why?
Be in the moment and let the characters personality, emotions etc channel through you.
7) If you could be in any one piece of theatre what would it be?
'Romeo and Juliet' as Romeo
8) Who would play you in the dramatic retelling of your life?
Thats a tricky one, probably Chris Hemsworth. But thats probably because i want to be Chris Hemsworth.
9) if you could change something about living in London, what would it be?
I'd add more Trees.
10) If you weren't going to be an actor, what one other job would you like to do?
Marine Biology, working in the Bahamas.
Myles is an actor and artist from London. For Proforca he previously played "Lane / Merriman" in "The Importance of Being Earnest" and will take on the role of "Human" in "The Ballad of Reading Gaol" in November. Whatever you do, don't make off with his cucumber sandwiches. Myles is represented by Allsorts Agency and you can find his details here. Follow Proforca on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @ProforcaTheatre and via our website at www.proforca.co.uk.
"Reading Gaol" is being performed on November 2nd - 4th 2017 at the Lion and Unicorn Theatre. Tickets are available now and can be found at our website at www.proforca.co.uk/boxoffice or via www.lionandunicorntheatre.co.uk